We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, and this policy explains what our lawful basis is in respect of each purpose for which we keep and use information about you.
Generally, we are allowed to process your personal information where it is necessary in connection with a contract between us (such as to provide you our services or products), where it is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations, where we have a legitimate interest to do so (but we will always consider whether your right to privacy overrides our interest), or where you have given consent.
Personal Information we collect about you and how it is collected
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide with a service at your request.
Information you provide to us
We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact us. For example, by doing the following:
- applying for our products or services;
- creating an account on our website;
- subscribing to our service or publications;
- requesting marketing to be sent to you;
- entering a competition, promotion or survey; or
- giving us feedback.
This information may include the following:
- Identity Data which includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data which includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data which includes bank account and payment card details;
- Transaction Data which includes details about payments to and from you and other details of bookings, products or services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data which includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Profile Data which includes your username and password, bookings or purchases made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data which includes information about how you use our website, products and services; and
- Marketing and Communications Data which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggravated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
Information we collect about you on our website
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This includes using “cookies” which are stored in your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening, however doing so may make parts of this website inaccessible or not functioning properly. Information collected in this way could be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- The User Agent (device) details supplied by your internet browser;
- Your password for this website, but not those used to log in via a third-party provider;
- If you choose to log in using a third party, we will record your choice of login provider;
- A device identifier (cookie or IP address) and general location for fraud prevention; and
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, website pages, links, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- Where bookings originate from advertising sources, we record the source of each booking. This is purely to allow us to assess the effectiveness of these adverts and is not used for customer profiling of any kind.
Information we collect about you from other sources
We do not collect information about you from other sources.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we receive about you from other sources
Sometimes you will have given your consent for other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us. This could include information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites that we operate or the other services that we provide, in which case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
It could also include information from third parties that we work with to provide our services and products, such as payment processors, technical support companies and advertising companies. Whenever we receive information about you from these third parties, we will let you know what information we have received and how and why we intend to use it.
How and why we use your personal information
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so.
|What we use your personal information for
|Perform our contract with you
|Comply with legal obligations
|Pursue legitimate interests
|To register you as a new customer
|To provide you with information about other bookings or services that are similar to those that you have already purchased, enquired about or otherwise engaged with.
|To verify your identity
|To deal with any complaints you may have
|To make repairs, alterations and improvements to the services supplied
|To detect and prevent fraud, money-laundering and other crimes
|To review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff (including training)
|To let you know about any important changes to our business or policies
|To ask you to leave a review or take a survey
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
If you use our services, we may use your email address to send you our best offers recommendations. You can unsubscribe or change your email preferences at any time. By entering your email address you agree you would like to receive marketing materials from penninemanor.com. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see table above). This means we do not usually need your consent to send your promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
Sharing your personal information
Sharing your information within our company and group
We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you.
We may share the information that you provide to us with other companies within the group and other websites that we operate.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Internet hosting providers to host the website, related infrastructure, services and applications; and
- Hospitality service related companies.
There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
- Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings;
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public;
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside NPD Group for marketing purposes.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service, we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you.
How do we protect your personal information
We try to ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
|The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information.
|The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information.
|To be forgotten
|The right to require us to delete your personal information – in certain situations.
|Restriction of processing
|The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information – in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data.
|The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third-party – in certain situations.
|The right to object:
|Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making
|The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email, call or write to us.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of Data Protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.